I have collected a few of these 'Laws of Combat' from various sources. Some are amusing,
some are very true! If you have any to add, please feel free to email me, and I will
add to this list as often as possible.
"Hevy Duty's Laws of Combat"
- You are not Superman.
- If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
- Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.
- When in doubt, empty your magazine.
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
- Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
- If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
- No plan survives the first contact intact.
- All 5 second grenade fuses burn down in 3 seconds.
- Invariably, the blast radius of a hand grenade is one foot greater than your jumping radius.
- It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
- Try to look unimportant because the enemy may be low on ammunition.
- If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short.
- The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
- Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
- The important things are always simple.
- The simple things are always difficult.
- The easy way is always mined.
- The crucial round is always a dud.
- If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat.
- If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
- The Quartermaster only has two sizes-- too small or too large.
- Incoming fire has the right of way.
- When you have secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemey.
- Friendly fire isn't.
- If the enemy is in range--SO ARE YOU!
- If you can't remember, the claymore is always pointed towards you.
- Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
- No combat ready unit ever passed inspection.
- Things that must be together to work, usually can't be shipped together.
- Radio's fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
- Anything you do can get you shot-including doing nothing.
- Tracers work both ways.
- The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
- Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
- If you take more than you fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
- When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they are both right.
- A 'sucking chest wound' is nature's way of telling you to slow down.
- Recoilless rifles--aren't!
- If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike!
- Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.
- There is NO such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
- A Purple Heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
- Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
To return to HevyDuty's Armor page: Click Here!!